gobject.pyc: gdb was not built with custom backtrace support, disabling.
Aleksey Midenkov
2014-06-27 13:19:28 UTC
Hi!

This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
Phil Muldoon
2014-06-27 14:12:47 UTC
Post by Aleksey Midenkov
Hi!
This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
This is coming from the frame filter installed with that
package. Ideally a frame filter should print nothing if it cannot
process a stack-frame. You can remove it permanently from processing
by uninstalling the package that installs the frame filter (in Fedora's
case, that is glib-devel I think).

Alternatively you can use the "disable frame-filter" command in GDB.

Cheers

Phil
Aleksey Midenkov
2014-06-27 15:18:34 UTC
Post by Phil Muldoon
Post by Aleksey Midenkov
Hi!
This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
This is coming from the frame filter installed with that
package. Ideally a frame filter should print nothing if it cannot
process a stack-frame. You can remove it permanently from processing
by uninstalling the package that installs the frame filter (in Fedora's
case, that is glib-devel I think).
Alternatively you can use the "disable frame-filter" command in GDB.
Do I have third option? I don't want to uninstall glib-devel and don't
want to disable frame-filter. Can I exclude '/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb'
from processing? How GDB collects info on frame filters anyway? Do
they register somewhere?
Phil Muldoon
2014-06-27 15:25:02 UTC
Post by Aleksey Midenkov
Post by Phil Muldoon
Post by Aleksey Midenkov
Hi!
This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
This is coming from the frame filter installed with that
package. Ideally a frame filter should print nothing if it cannot
process a stack-frame. You can remove it permanently from processing
by uninstalling the package that installs the frame filter (in Fedora's
case, that is glib-devel I think).
Alternatively you can use the "disable frame-filter" command in GDB.
Do I have third option? I don't want to uninstall glib-devel and don't
want to disable frame-filter. Can I exclude '/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb'
from processing? How GDB collects info on frame filters anyway? Do
they register somewhere?
Frame filters, pretty printers etc all self register via auto

/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/

You will find the auto-load scripts for glib and others there. You
have many options, but this is not strictly a GDB issue so I can only
advise:

1) File a bug with glib noting the error message is distracting and
serves no purpose.

2) Edit the py file to delete the print.

3) Start GDB with gdb -ex "disable frame-filters all"

4) Edit the glib auto load files not to register the frame filter.

Cheers

Phil
Aleksey Midenkov
2014-06-27 15:39:09 UTC
[...]