Scripting language feature parity document?
Phil Muldoon
2014-10-10 18:32:15 UTC
I guess this email is more for Doug than anyone else as he did a lot
of work on the guile support. But when guile was implemented was
there a document on the wiki created describing feature support?.
Sort of like a table with Python and Guile, showing what this supports
and that?

I searched the wiki and came up with nothing really. If there is not
one around, I can go ahead and create one. I was thinking of large
features only. Something like:

Python | Guile | Some other future language
Pretty Printers | yes | yes | no
Frame Filters | yes | no | no
Breakpoint support | yes | yes | yes
(etc)

The last column just for illustration if we have some other future
scripting language.

Cheers

Phil
Doug Evans
2014-10-10 19:40:30 UTC
Post by Phil Muldoon
I guess this email is more for Doug than anyone else as he did a lot
of work on the guile support. But when guile was implemented was
there a document on the wiki created describing feature support?.
Sort of like a table with Python and Guile, showing what this supports
and that?
I searched the wiki and came up with nothing really. If there is not
one around, I can go ahead and create one. I was thinking of large
Python | Guile | Some other future language
Pretty Printers | yes | yes | no
Frame Filters | yes | no | no
Breakpoint support | yes | yes | yes
(etc)
The last column just for illustration if we have some other future
scripting language.
Hi.

No such wiki was created, but good idea!
I can do this if you want. Otherwise go for it.