trace state variables -- remote protocol
David Taylor
2014-07-24 21:03:24 UTC
A minor documentation nit --

I am looking into implementing trace state variables for our new GDB
stub and noticed a discrepancy between the documentation and the code.

In the documentation the QTDV message is described as having two fields

QTDV:n:value

where 'n' is the trace state variable number and 'value' is its value.

Looking at the code in GDB, it should be:

QTDV:n:value:builtin:name

where

n is the trace state variable number
value is its value
builtin is a boolean -- is it builtin to the stub or not
name is a string

David
--
David Taylor
dtaylor at emc dot com
Samuel Bronson
2014-07-26 23:05:35 UTC
Post by David Taylor
A minor documentation nit --
I am looking into implementing trace state variables for our new GDB
stub and noticed a discrepancy between the documentation and the code.
In the documentation the QTDV message is described as having two fields
QTDV:n:value
where 'n' is the trace state variable number and 'value' is its value.
QTDV:n:value:builtin:name
where
n is the trace state variable number
value is its value
builtin is a boolean -- is it builtin to the stub or not
name is a string
Maybe try writing a patch, submitting a bug report, or CCing Eli?
Otherwise, I'd worry that your suggestion might fall through the cracks.
(I've taken the liberty of CCing Eli.)

I would suggest CCing an area maintainer as well, but I'm not sure if
Daniel Jacobowitz is really still active.

(Note that it's not worth writing a patch yourself if you can't/don't
want to complete the annoying copyright assignment paperwork.)