TUI mode is messed up
Yuri
2014-07-04 02:40:59 UTC
I see these problems in TUI mode: source window shows lines not in the
right order. This happens after several next/up/down commands. Also,
when the program begins to print something to the standard output, TUI
window gets scrolled out from the screen, and also lines coming from
debugged program are shifted to the right, like they didn't wrap around
properly.

Is TUI broken? Maybe it works only in some terminals and not others? I
use kde konsole. Or maybe my FreeBSD port of gdb is broken?

gdb-7.6.2

Yuri
Sergio Durigan Junior
2014-07-04 18:14:54 UTC
Post by Yuri
Is TUI broken? Maybe it works only in some terminals and not others? I
use kde konsole. Or maybe my FreeBSD port of gdb is broken?
TUI is broken. It definitely needs some love; sometimes there's a patch
or two but it's rare. The errors you mentioned also happen with me.
--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36
http://sergiodj.net/
Bob Rossi
2014-07-11 11:01:15 UTC
Post by Sergio Durigan Junior
Post by Yuri
Is TUI broken? Maybe it works only in some terminals and not others? I
use kde konsole. Or maybe my FreeBSD port of gdb is broken?
TUI is broken. It definitely needs some love; sometimes there's a patch
or two but it's rare. The errors you mentioned also happen with me.
I maintain CGDB, a text user interface that is not integrated with GDB.

It has it's own issues, but I wouldn't consider it broken.

Bob Rossi